Democratic institutions and norms and some chronic dilemmas in the practice of democracy come under scrutiny in a seminar series commencing on Thursday, 19 November 2020 which convenes important thinkers – including several contributors to the NED’s Journal of Democracy – to explore what makes democracies work and the challenges they face. The series will also serve as a forum for discussion of work in progress and forthcoming books and papers contributing to debates on democracy.
- Sheri Berman – Professor of Political Science, Barnard College, Columbia University
- Wolfgang Merkel – Professor Emeritus, Berlin Social Science Center (WZB)
- Yascha Mounk – Senior Fellow, SNF Agora Institute, Johns Hopkins University
- Pippa Norris – Paul F. McGuire Lecturer in Comparative Politics & CES Faculty Associate, Harvard University
- Grzegorz Ekiert – Laurence A. Tisch Professor of Government & CES Director, Harvard University
- Daniel Ziblatt – Director, “Transformations of Democracy,” Berlin Social Science Center (WZB) and Professor at Harvard University