||The Rising Authoritarian Threat of Sharp Power
The Comittee on Foreign Affairs, Defense and Security of the Senate of the Parliament of the Czech Republic, Forum 2000 Foundation and the National Endowment for Democracy are delighted to invite you to a public discussion about a new report examining the rising influence of China and Russia in democratic countries. The event will take place on February 26, 2018 at 3 pm in the Senate of the Parliament of the Czech Republic and is organized under the auspices of Vice-President of the Senate Jiří Šesták.
- Tomáš Czernin, Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defense and Security, Senate of the Parliament, Czech Republic
- Jakub Klepal, Forum 2000 Foundation, Czech Republic
- Christopher Walker, National Endowment for Democracy, USA
- Juan Pablo Cardenal, Center for the Opening and Development of Latin America, Argentina/Spain
- Grigory Mesežnikov, Institute for Public Affairs, Slovakia
- Jacek Kucharczyk, Institute of Public Affairs, Poland
- Martin Hála, Sinopsis, Czech Republic
- Shanthi Kalathil, International Forum for Democratic Studies, USA
The full report “Sharp Power: Rising Authoritarian Influence” authored by speakers can be found here.
Please register at the link above before February 24, 2018. More information can be found on the Facebook event page.
Should you have any questions, please contact Ms. Dominika Vondráčková at firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 26, 2018
Senate of the Parliament of the Czech Republic
The Plenary Session Hall (entrance from Valdštejnská street, „A“ reception, valid identity card required)
We kindly ask the guests to arrive 15 minutes before the start of the session.